Thursday, October 23, 2008

VeganMoFo: Tofu Scramble, Love!

Oh my god, wow it's totally awesome. I can't stop gushing! I don't know what I did differently that would have made the difference, but - oh my god - it's perfect. I just made a tofu scramble - I've been pre-making food a lot lately, because it's so much more fun to cook when you feel like cooking, and to just heat up food in the fridge when you feel like kicking back. Anyway, I basically used the VWAV recipe, but with less cumin - maybe a bit more than 1/2 of what it calls for. Also, instead of firm tofu, I used traditional Asian tofu for the local market. It's much softer; it's almost silken, but not quite. My last significant change was the addition of a cornstarch-dissolved-in-soymilk mixture at the very end for an extra gooey touch. I like my tofu scrambles soft and moist. Oh, instead of mushrooms, I added corn, because I didn't like the mushroom taste last time. I realize my dislike is weird, especially since I love mushrooms in everything else. It's possible that my dislike was because of something else, so next time I'll try the mushrooms again. Yay! I love tofu scramble! I have breakfast for the next 3 days!

No comments: