Monday, October 6, 2008

VeganMoFo: oh, Mondays

Well I open up my Google Reader and SURPRISE I have 500+ unread VeganMoFo posts! Yeah right I'm going to try to catch up with that. I've been busy these two days with studying, school, yeah, studying. I wrote a in-class essay/midterm on the Merchant of Venice today, and on Wednesday, I have another midterm - this time for my Sociology class. Studying for that should probably also leech all my time. At least I hope so.

Meanwhile, I'll just post up some pictures of food that I've taken in recent weeks, maybe months, when I remember - or have the patience - to take a picture for you foodies. Enjoy. And thanks for all the comments so far!

My Scrambled 'Fu: with Mashed Yams:
An Amy's Burritos, which I ate a few days ago only when I was pressed for time:

At Candle 79 (NYC), the appetizer - Grilled Seitan Chimichurri with a citrus-herb marinade:


My entree - Black Bean Pumpkin Seed Burger, which I wasn't too impressed with:
My sister's entree, which was a salad special that she said tasted of flowers and that she thoroughly enjoyed:


Speaking of NYC, my favourite meal during our stay was a brunch on the second last day at Cafe Blossom. I had the scrambled tofu, which was absolutely amazing. I need the recipe. My homemade scrambled tofu stinks. I prefer a mushier, softer sort of scramble, which I guess is contrary to a lot of people's preferences, so I need to change up my tofu selecting (medium-firm instead) and tofu squishing tactics. I also don't really like the typical spice/herb blend of cumin, turmeric, etc. I don't really remember what I put in the few 'fus I've made - probably they were bastardized versions of VWAV and other popular recipes. The Cafe Blossom 'Fuwas so good, but I was too much in love with it to actually think rationally, so I have no idea what was in it, though I vaguely recall spinach. That's a start.


(Besides the scramble 'fu, I ordered a Chocolate-Peanut Butter shake and a blueberry muffin to go at Blossom Cafe, and once again, amazing. The shake, obviously, but sometimes vegan muffins can really disappoint; trust me, it was far from disappointing. I need to go back to New York, like, right now.)


(I should also mention that I am not so eager to revisit Candle 79, because I got horrible stomachaches after the aforementioned meal.)

4 comments:

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

If you don't check it at least once (or twice) a day, there is no catching up. I had the same problem this weekend. I just randomly chose a bunch, and then marked the rest as read.

Tami said...

I did the same thing, Lisa.

And it's so cool to see a picture of the chimichuri seitan. I slaughtered that spelling, but you know what I mean. I've read that recipe in the cookbook so many times.

Sheree' said...

Good luck on your midterms. Just post of past yummies when you can. They are all mouth watering.

Bex said...

My total seems to stay around 100 unread posts. I caught up on Sunday because some people aren't posting on weekends but come Monday, bam! zap! pow! 100+ unread and counting.